Rosewholesale - Clothes that do not look the same as the picture
I've bought well over $200 worth of clothes from Rosewholesale, and as of now, I cannot give them a great review, because NOTHING that I ordered and received looks like the picture of the item I wanted.1) Items that looked substantial in the picture are thin and cheap-looking (mostly below-grade polyester); 2) SEVERAL maxis that I ordered after seeing them in photos billowing FAR out from the model's body (I suppose with a large fan three feet in front or to the side of her blowing on her--on HIGH, of course, to make the dress look fuller than it actually is--came to me MUCH thinner and straighter rather than full and with a capacity to appear "windblown," which was the only reason I bought it in the first place.
One maxi that I ordered isn't even the same dress as the one I bought--it looks very close to the one I saw and bought, but there were unacceptable differences. The hippie/bohemian fringe around the neck wasn't on the dress I received, nor was it AT ALL as full-skirted as I expected from seeing the picture. Furthermore, it was only an ankle-length maxi, and the one I'd actually ORDERED was supposed to be floor-length. I bought three others with the same problem when it came to the fullness of the skirt AND regarding maxis not being the correct length, even when sizes are compared with UK measurements.
I'm VERY thin for my height, and I prefer VERY full clothes to hide this--NOTHING I ordered looked anything remotely the way they were advertised. I am attempting to find the photos I saw which inspired me to buy the clothes, and I've taken pictures of the actually-received dress--a five-year-old child could see the differences.
I don't have great hopes for actually RECEIVING any of the dresses I bought looking and feeling the way I expected, and the way they were presented through the camera (with what I suspect was Photoshop at work), but I'm sending a complaint, anyway, and I'm posting this so others can see the potential dangers of shopping on the Rosewholesale market online. Also, people looking to buy an item that is NOT going to be what they think it is, especially so CHEAPLY--they MORE than make up for the low price tag by charging outrageous shipping and handling fees--all of which are at least three times the cost of the article you ordered. I believe Rosewholesale to be not exactly a scam, given that you DO receive your -- uh -- "altered states" item (even in the wrong condition?)--but they are dishonest and they are making at least 400% what they're charging for that item.
If you need clothes that will just be used a coupe of times or as a costume, go for it. If not, go back to Amazon. At least they send you what you relly ordered and don't "shipping-and-handling" charge you far more than they do for the entire basket. Below are the pictures I saw on Rosewholesale.
I am having trouble loading the photos my husband took of me wearing the items below, but as soon as I can retrieve them, I will return to this page to show the way they looked in reality.Thank you.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Pictures of the clothing
What I disliked
- That what i got looked nothing like on their website
- You cant get a hold of them
- Lack of communication
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I ordered and paid for a dress from Modlily. I expected a silky/satin well made champagne coloured dress (see first photo). What actually arrived was a rough see through..."
- "I bought a dress and a bikini for a vacation I've planned and it was totally damaged. The white dress has burns stains all over the vcut breast line ,..."
- "I bought a ballet in Aerosoles. In the store assistants do they job well. I like they, but sometimes I saw what is inside. OMG! See my pictures, please. The..."
- "Interesting, at the time of you placing your complaint, was the same time my paint on my santa fe started the same peeling, in the same places. I love..."
- "Ordered heart guard from petflow, when the package arrived I opened it at my mailbox in my car. The second I opened the box hundreds of ants swarmed out..."
- "Budget billing for Commerce energy is not computed the normal way which is estimating your average use where over the course of the year you or the company shouldn't owe..."
- "A few week's ago, I purchased 2 my pillow standard queen, only one that is available at Bed Bath and Beyond. I purchased for our rv. I then..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."